Caring for timber floors!
Everyone thinks timber floors are a delicate and hard to maintain surface, but with the right tools and these simple rules they will maintain their beautiful lustre and charm for years to come.
1. Sabco’s famous Microfibre mop range: As far as we are concerned microfibre is the only way to care for timber floors. Our microfibre range includes more traditional shape strip mops such as the Wonder mop or Australian favourites flat mops such as theSuperSwish Xtra, XL Total or SuperSwish Duo that offer complete wet and dry cleaning for the ultimate hardwood floor care.
2. You don't need to use much water! Always ensure your mop is well wrung out and only damp when cleaning timber floors. Heavily wet mops cause water damage to floorboards causing them to separate or crack over time. A warm, lightly damp mop will ensure you floors dry quickly for beautiful streak-free results.
3. To clean high traffic corridors or brighten dull areas, it’s a good idea to use a product that is specifically recommended for timber and hardwood floors like the Sabco Hardwood Floor Cleaner, which is great for maintaining lustre and shine.
4. Starting at one end of a space, working the mop in an ‘s’ shape motion towards yourself and if using a floor cleaning solution, only spray in the immediate area you are cleaning in and repeat as you move along.
5. Clean up spills quickly! When a spill happens, always wipe them up immediately with a damp All-Purpose Microfibre cloth.
Tip *: To remove heavier scuffs, apply a little baking soda to a wet cloth and gently rub the mark until it disappears.
Dust & allergy free floors
1. Avoid dust build up on your floors and get into a regular dusting routine. Use the Dry pad from your microfibre mop or the NewSabco Dust & Shine Floor Swish with lightly infused disposable cloths for unbeatable dust pick-up. Regular floor dusting removes even the finest dust and dirt particles on hardwood floors in between sweeping/vacuuming that can damage the surface. You would be amazed at how much dust they pick up, even on a daily basis.
2. Dust/ wipe down furniture in the house weekly and vacuum carpets to remove excess fluff.
3. Don’t forget to change the dusty filters for your air conditioner.
4. To dust all other hard surfaces, electronic devises, blinds, ornaments, hard to reach areas and even indoor plants use Sabco Microfibre Duster Range. Simply machine wash when done, ready to start fresh next time you dust.
Information provide by SABCO Australia
Packaging Pro Australia is an Authorised SABCO Distributor www.packagingpro.com.au